Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Quick Taste: The Rest of Robert Oatley

By Rob Bralow

A while ago I received a bunch of Robert Oatley samples for a Taste Live event that I missed. I will not be missing many more of those in the future. It is a lot of fun to compare and contrast tasting notes with a bunch of other wine people. The group that most often does these tastings is a great group that likes to bounce off of each other.

Since then I received more samples from Robert Oatley, so I thought I would do a quick review of them here.
2008 Robert Oatley Sauvignon Blanc, Western Australia - This wine was bright, with lots of grapefruit, kiwi, and gooseberry. The wine had a lot of zing in my mouth, with grapefruit and white pepper ending on an herbaceous note.

2007 Robert Oatley Chardonnay, Mudgee, Australia - Was not my favorite wine. Muted nose, missing some fruit.

2007 Robert Oatley Shiraz, Mudgee, Australia - Sweet plum and blackberry with some vanilla on the nose. The taste as rustic and peppery, with blackberry and spice.
 
Copyright 2009 Wine Post: Wine & Spirits Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan