Monday, August 10, 2009

Embarrassing how long it’s taken

Finally I tasted through the Clos LaChance, and I am kicking myself of letting these wines sit in my sample grab-bag for so long. It has taken me nearly three months to taste through these wines. It seemed that there were always other events, other stories, and other wines in my way of these beauties.



Clos LaChance had a Twitter Taste Live event back in June, but I received the wines after inquiring about wineries growing vines using sustainable practices. I got somewhat the best of both worlds. More and more wineries are turning to sustainable agricultural practices, a great way to plan for the future. There are of course companies that say they are doing involved in sustainable practices, just to be part of the group and use it as a marketing tool. To see some of the different ways that Clos LaChance is sustainable, see their PDF here.


And more importantly, their wines are good. I tasted the Clos LaChance Hummingbird Series “White-Tufted Sunbeam” Sauvignon Blanc 2008 and the Clos LaChance Hummingbird Series “Glittering-Throated Emerald” Unoaked Chardonnay 2008. The names on the labels made my acid reflux act up slightly, but getting past that, the wines were very good. The Sauvignon Blanc was fruity, with an upfront hit of cream as well as apricot and grapefruit. The unoaked Chardonnay was zippy, with lots of green apple.

I also really enjoy it when a winery goes beyond text on their website. When I started researching this wine I went to the winery’s website and found videos from the winemaker and the vineyard manager and the owner of the winery. They are not riveting by any means, but each is a short personal view of what is going on at the winery.







Not sure how herbicide helps their sustainability… but I’m just a blogger.

Others who have written recently about Clos LaChance:

 
Copyright 2009 Wine Post: Wine & Spirits Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan