Friday, July 10, 2009

Twitter Taste Live with St. Supery



PR people come in all shapes and sizes, from really good to unbelievably bad. For example, I regularly receive e-mails from PR companies that have obviously never read my blog, have no idea what I write about, and consistently ask me to write about their clients. Everything from boutique water launches through major beverage chains. It is the “fling it against the wall and hope it sticks” approach and it bothers the hell out of me.

Therefore, when someone is doing a good job and gets it right I like to give them their due credit.

Recently I received some samples for Skalli Family Wines (I’ll taste them soon, I promise). When I received a tracking notice on the wines it said St. Supery Vineyards & Winery, which I had not remembered either ordering or having someone offer me samples of, but I decided to check it out once the box got here. The next day, I received a notice from Twitter Taste Live that St. Supery is on the docket for Saturday, July 11. I then sent an e-mail to the PR people at St. Supery and was rewarded with a good price to participate in the tasting. They knew who I was and what I wrote about and what my role in the wine industry is, I knew who they were and how I usually interacted together, and together we had formed a relationship: Basic PR 101.

Now I am excited to taste the wines and talk to the group that regularly participates in TTL.

And what might just be the icing on the cake; the WineBratSF will be hosting the tasting. I am not sure what that means, besides maybe that she probably got to taste the wines already and is probably going to be at the winery, sipping with the winemaker. It should be fun for all.





 
Copyright 2009 Wine Post: Wine & Spirits Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan