Thursday, September 17, 2009

Corkd Relaunch Party


This past Monday I was invited to attend a tasting at Cork'd headquarters in Tribeca. Gray V was there with a slew of wines from some of the wineries that signed up to be apart of the Cork'd community. The tasting was completely informal, just a bunch of people around random tables (including a ping pong table) with tumblers tasting wine.

For those that have never heard of it, Cork'd is a social network that invites people to review wines. Sorry, invites is not the right word. Asks, begs, implores... waves it in your face, hands you the pen and shows you where on the dotted line.

It is SO easy to use. I was not a user before Monday and it took me all of 30 seconds to sign up. It linked to my Facebook profile and that was that. Then it linked to my Twitter account. So everything I tasted immediately was posted on both Facebook and Twitter. If I wanted it to, that is.

And then there was the actual review aspect of the site. Simple, quick, and easy. Search the wine, if it does not pop up, you simply add it. If the winery is plugged into Cork'd, then they can go claim it and fix your spelling errors.

So, I tasted. And tasted, and tasted. You want to find out what I thought of what I tasted? Check out my Cork'd page and see...


Backsberg Chenin Blanc 2008, Paarl, South Africa

Backsberg Kosher Pinotage 2007, Paarl, South Africa

Mont Tauch Fitou Carignan-Grenache-Syrah 2006, Languedoc-Roussillon, France
Nick Goldschmidt Boulder Bank Pinot Noir 2007, Marlborough, New Zealand

Chelsea Goldschmidt Merlot 2007, Dry Creek Valley, California

Buoncristiani "Artistico" Syrah 2006, Napa Valley, California
B Wise Vineyards Trios Proprietary Red 2006, Sonoma Valley, California
Terlato Family Pinot Noir 2007, Russian River Valley, California

Rutherford Hill Merlot 2005, Napa Valley, California

Pedroncelli Pinot Noir 2007, Russian River Valley, California

Nick Goldschmidt Boulder Bank Pinot Noir 2007, Marlborough, New Zealand
 
Copyright 2009 Wine Post: Wine & Spirits Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan