Sunday, June 21, 2009

Finally Got the Tickets - Wine Blogging Conference

So I did finally buy plane tickets to go to the North American Wine Blogging Conference. This year the conference will be held in Sonoma, July 24 - 26. This will be the first time I will be at the conference and I am very excited to meet face-to-face with many of the bloggers that I have spoken to over twitter and e-mail. It is also nice to meet the person whose blog posts you read religiously.

Already around the blogosphere there is a building wave of posts about the conference. For instance, if you wanted to donate so that a blogger can go to the conference I would suggest checking out http://wbcscholarship.wordpress.com/.

Thea The Wine Brat has also posted a list of all the bloggers that will be attending, along with their website URL's and their twitter handles. You can find all of that here.

Taking a look at that list, I am wondering how I am put on the industry blogger list while there are some other winery representatives that have been put on the citizen bloggers list. Without a link to a blog! I do not want to call anyone out, especially the friends of mine in the industry, but some of the people on that list are not even in the wine industry!!

I am just saying, if you are going to break people out into groups and call them all bloggers, at least be fair about it. I noticed that on the WBC09 website they changed the list and just grouped everyone together. probably a smart move.
 
Copyright 2009 Wine Post: Wine & Spirits Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan