Friday, May 15, 2009

Today is my last day at Wines of Chile

I have a new job!

I know this may come as a shock to many people, but today is my last day working at RFBinder Partners. They have been very good to me and have really allowed me to cut my teeth in the wine world. For the experience and the education, I am extremely thankful.

For RFBinder I have been working on their Wines of Chile business for the last 3 years. RFBinder also works with Wines of Germany and has done work for Wines of Israel as well.

While working for Wines of Chile I have been able to meet with winemakers, travel, and meet great people in the wine industry. I can say without fear of contradiction that I am well versed in what Chile has to offer. There are wines coming out of Chile that are absolutely delicious and I know that RFBinder will continue to do a great job representing them.

I will save where I am moving to for another blog announcement. What I can tell you is that I will be doing work for another well-known region that also makes delicious wine.

For now I have a question for the blogging ethical world: Is it ok for me to write about Chile?

I have always held the position on my blog that I will not write about any wine or region that is a current client of mine. I would like this blog to be a collection of my thoughts about the wine world and the wines I have tasted and I want to avoid all semblance of partisanship towards any particular region. I feel that if I work for the region or the winery it could be seen as promotion rather than discussion if I were to post an article reviewing them.

But here I come into a dilemma that I am unsure how to proceed through. There are wineries in Chile that I think are making amazing wines that people should hear about. I also am well aware of wineries that I believe are not making superior products. In the future, if I were to write about the wineries that I think deserve to be highlighted, would you (my readers) consider me to be a credible source?

I would love to hear what you have to say. Please leave a comment below.

And keep an eye out for my announcement regarding my new position!
 
Copyright 2009 Wine Post: Wine & Spirits Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan