Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Bottle a Day Keeps the Doctor Away


I know it seems like I am writing up a storm right now, but I happen to have the time to do it, and so many interesting things are going on!

For instance, Decanter.com (that bastion of English wine journalism) reported yesterday that a new study was published in Heart on the benefits of drinking an entire bottle of wine a day. Heart is a London based medical journal that specializes in all maters of cardiology. This particular study, authored by Dr. Larraitz Arriola found data to show that by drinking a bottle of wine each day you can lower your risk of developing heart disease by 50%.

I am so on the ball with this one.

This is not to say that we should all go out and guzzle down some cheap Auzzie Shiraz at the next opportunity (although I am sure their wine industry would appreciate it). On the flip side of this study are plenty of researchers, doctors, and Indian chiefs (yes, I made that last one up) who are all saying, "Perhaps you will save your heart, but say adios to your liver and hello to brain damage."

I never knew alcohol caused barin damgae.

At the end of the day the message is clear. Drink to enjoy to the drink, and not the drunk. Well, I guess you can enjoy the drunk a little...
 
Copyright 2009 Wine Post: Wine & Spirits Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan